(This blog posting is an ad for my startup company ... but it also has links to free training videos!)
Edge Case Research:
I have a startup company that has built a brisk business in design reviews, robustness testing, and software safety. We're building on the 20 years and 200 design reviews I've done working with industry partners on a variety of embedded systems. We're also building on my long collaboration with my co-founder Mike Wagner and others at the National Robotics Engineering Center doing autonomy validation and safety.
We do a lot of work with autonomous systems (robots, self-driving cars), but also with consumer electronics and industrial controls. In general the idea is that we have a dedicated team of embedded system experts who can help companies with both the technical aspects of their product and their software development processes. Our strengths are:
- Identifying risk areas in embedded products
- Best-practice assessments & technical practice benchmarking across dozens of risk areas that have been a problem for other project teams
- Autonomous system safety (self-driving vehicles and other robots, but also non-robot systems)
- Robustness testing and improvement
- Hands-on training based on your current project in both technology and just-the-right-weight software development process
Free Training Videos:
One of the things we have found is that there are a number of common areas in which our customers (and probably many others) could use some help with in terms of updating technical and process skills. Thus, we're launching a video training series to help with the topics we most commonly see as we review projects.
We also have a YouTube channel with just the previews that you can subscribe to if you want notification of new videos as they come out.
Hope you enjoy these!