Tuesday, January 5, 2021

62 Software Experience Lessons by Karl Weigers

Karl Weigers has an essay about lessons he's learned from a long career in software development. You should benefit from his experience. The essay covers requirements, project management, quality, process improvement, and other insights.

https://medium.com/swlh/62-lessons-from-50-years-of-software-experience-2db0f400f706

A good example from the article is:

"You don’t have time to make every mistake that every software practitioner before you has already made. Read and respect the literature. Learn from your colleagues. Share your knowledge freely with others." 



3 comments:

  1. It says author have deleted this story Mr. Phil Koopman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karl Weigers' lessons are found on https://betterprogramming.pub/sixty-software-development-pearls-of-wisdom-22754a9a27db

    ReplyDelete

Please send me your comments. I read all of them, and I appreciate them. To control spam I manually approve comments before they show up. It might take a while to respond. I appreciate generic "I like this post" comments, but I don't publish non-substantive comments like that.

If you prefer, or want a personal response, you can send e-mail to comments@koopman.us.
If you want a personal response please make sure to include your e-mail reply address. Thanks!

Job and Career Advice

I sometimes get requests from LinkedIn contacts about help deciding between job offers. I can't provide personalize advice, but here are...